Have you heard of people getting floor refinishing done, but not really sure what it is, or if you’re in need of this service? Floor refinishing involves sanding down the top layer of your existing floors and adding a fresh topcoat. Our team at University Flooring Center is prepared to guide you through the tops signs that you need floor refinishing.
- Scratches – Does your hardwood floor have extensive scratches throughout? It may be time for you to get floor refinishing. If the scratches are deep, it may be an access point for moisture to get into your product and may cause water damage.
- Water Damage – A big reason to get your floors refinished is if you have water damage. Water damage to your floors can be a huge issue. When refinishing your floors, it gives you the opportunity to dry out your product, sand, and reseal your floors to prevent water damage in the future.
- Discoloration – Discoloration may occur over time — this is a sign of damage to your floors. Over long periods of time, your top layer can slowly wear off. In this instance it is important to refinish your floors so that seal is repaired and actively resisting moisture.
- Stains – Staining is inevitable and apart of life, especially if there are kids in the home. If you have stains on your hardwood, getting your floors refinished is an excellent opportunity to get rid of those stains.
- Style – Are you not so crazy about the color of your floors and looking for a change? A nice perk to hardwood floors is there is no need to replace them if you want to change the color. When you refinish you floors you can stain your floors to any stain of your liking.
If any of these signs apply to you, it is probably time to invest in floor refinishing. Our team at University Flooring Center is happy help you make your hardwood floor investment last.